Our client, based in Stellenbosch, is a progressive accounting and tax reporting and compliance firm, who prepare technical accounting and tax reports in South Africa, the United States and Europe.
The candidate will be part of a vibrant team and obtain exposure to a wide array of projects and advanced technical concepts. The company provides a culture that has freedom if the candidate takes ownership of their work. Working hours are flexible between 7:00 and 18:00.
The ideal candidate loves learning, problem-solving and the opportunity to contribute to a high-growth business. Due to the nature of the clientele, the candidate must be bilingual in English and Afrikaans.
- Serve as subject matter resource on all aspects of Tax operations for the team.
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and the company whilst aligning own performance to objectives.
- Review of tax returns for individuals, companies and trusts.
- Review of management accounts, and bank statement summaries.
- Review payroll.
- Review sole proprietor, company and trust annual financials.
- Provide input to engineers developing business systems where necessary.
- Effective management of client interactions and relations.
- Provide training in accounting and tax and develop/mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Any other duties deemed relevant.
- SAIPA/SAICA registered
- Two years post article experience