Our client is looking for a Technical Fund Accountant/Specialist, for a boutique asset management company. This is a permanent position in JHB or elsewhere by arrangement. You will work alongside the operations team providing oversight over the investment administration processes and systems.
Basic + Discretionary Bonus
- Ensure operational and administrative systems, controls, and processes are in place
- Understanding of performance reporting and pricing, specifically performance measurement calculations on financial instruments to deliver accurate and timely internal and external reporting to various stakeholders.
- Overseeing matters escalated by the team, and timely intervention
- Work closely with the Investment, Quants and Marketing Teams to manage inter-dependencies
- Client service: managing information requirements and queries.
Qualities: A professional self-starter with a passion for financial markets, internal controls and processes who works well within a high-performance team. The ideal candidate is most likely already an investment operations specialist with 2+ years of fund accounting and/or investment operations experience.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- New qualified CA (SA) / B. Com Hons. or relevant finance degree
- 1-2 years accounting experience in financial services industry. Previous asset management or fund administration experience a distinct advantage.
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Proficient in the use of Reuters/Bloomberg
- Knowledge of at least 1 locally used fund administration system
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to simplify complex problems and processes
- Analytical, detail focused, inquisitive, pro-active, solution-minded
- Ensures high quality output of work performed
- Communicate clearly and professionally, verbally and in writing.