Our client is seeking a UK/European Business Development Manager, for a boutique asset management company based in London. This job will be focused on driving net inflows into the company’s products from UK/European investors.
Basic Salary + Bonus
Responsibilities: Primary responsibility is to drive investment into the company’s funds by a wide variety of potential clients that are based in the UK/Europe but may also extend beyond that geographically depending on client interest. Secondary focus will be the ongoing servicing of clients based in the UK/Europe. Candidates for this role should have sufficient experience in business development in so far as this enables them to contract commercial terms with these (predominantly institutional) clients on behalf of the company’s subsidiary company.
Other responsibilities include:
- Promotion of the company’s brand and the other partner funds to the following but not limited to; pension funds, platforms, fund of funds, family offices, sovereign wealth funds and the like
- Maintain ongoing relationships with UK/European clients
- Provide regular feedback and reporting to clients on their investments, with a level of competence that the individual could stand in for the portfolio manager and represent the fund during feedback
- Maintaining a level of technical knowledge of the company’s funds and business,
A professional self-starter with a passion for financial markets who works well within a high-performance team. The ideal candidate is most likely already a BDM professional with 5+ years of research and/or financial sales related experience, preferably in asset management. A demonstrable track record of investment acumen, work ethic and success is key. Knowledge and insights gained from industry research and analysis of portfolios would be a valuable additional skill.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of BCom graduate or similar qualification with numerate skills
- Professional Qualification preferable (eg CFA, CAIA, CA)
- Excellent capital markets general knowledge
- At least 5 years’ experience in business development, preferably in the UK
- The ability to work from home in an unsupervised manner.